Desktop milling

From: stuart (stuart@TDX-TSS.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 12:08:58 EET

Hello all

We are a tool making and product development facility in the UK, and are
interested in the desktop milling side of RP at the moment.

I was wondering what experiences people have had with these machines,
running problems, maching times for deep cavities etc. How do you machine
out a lot of material with these small cutters, from deep pockets? What is
the accuracy? Within 0.1mm will probably be close enough for our needs at
the moment.
How is the NC code produced?

Any information will be greatly appreciated and summarised back onto the
list.

Thanks in advance

Stuart Hogarth
TDX Ltd