Response to bubble inquiry.

From: Jeff Toole (jtoole@morristech.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 01:51:33 EEST

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take the time to thank everyone for the response I got to my bubble
inquiry. I was really impressed by great volume received.

I'd like also to sum up the constructive responses received:

The problem seems to be independent of resin type and manufacturer, as attested
by the wide variety used by those who responded with similar problems.

Most suggested solutions centered around modifying the recoat parameters to slow
the dip portion of the recoat cycle. This should reduce or eliminate the
formation of bubbles.

Zephyr blades are very effective in eliminating bubbles where doctor blades are
not.

There seems to be only one solution to removing bubbles produced by human
input: human input to get rid of the bubbles.

I hope this helps everyone else as much as it has helped me.

I also wanted to thank DSM for their suggestions. We've always found them to be
a customer oriented group of people who are supportive of our needs and we enjoy
the benefits of this daily.

-Jeff Toole