RE: scale and warpage of sls

From: Neil Hopkinson (nhopkins@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 12:09:17 EEST

Denis,
I am interested in your comment that "injection
moulding design rules apply" when using sls with polymers. Are you referring
to overall shrinkage factors or are you talking about rules regarding
geometry limitations etc?
Are sls parts prone to sinking in thick sections?
Should variable wall thicknesses be avoided with sls?
Are there limits to thin wall thickness?
Any other useful information to be shared?

Regards
Neil