RE: AMD 4.0 stl settings

From: Kwok Kai Thong, Mariner (kaithong@TP.EDU.SG)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 12:36:17 EEST

What is the the "Facetres" setting on your AMD? I usually use 6 for most of
my parts (depending on your part szie) unless I am using the STL file for
CNC machining. You may have set your parameter too large, I think the max.
is 10 you can set on AMD. You may want to export your STL file with various
setting and read it in to a STL viewer to check whether the setting is
suitable for your proto typing. I use Solidview to check the integrity of
my file once I have exported it out to STL. At least I know where my
comfort level is for certain size and that my proto type will be excepted
once manufactured.

Mariner Kwok
Temasek Engineering School
Temasek Polytechnic