SLA-250 networking

From: Bruce (lemaster@artcorp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 05:20:49 EEST

Hi gang,

I'm looking for some help getting our SLA-250 back on our network. Since
we switched from our SGI to Win NT we've had trouble getting the 250 to
communicate. This year we've switched over to running a Win2000
peer-to-peer network. In the process of converting the network we have lost
the ability to ftp from the 250 to our 3D LightYear workstation altogether.

I can ping the 250 from any of our WIn 2000 machines and I can ping all the
other machines from the 250. What I can't do, is get PC-NFS to mount the
drive where LightYear is running.

Is FTP (via PC-NFS) still the best way to make the connection? Or, is there
another method available? Anybody know a step-by-step procedure to follow
to get the communications working again? The PC-NFS manuals aren't exactly
helpful, so far.

Thanks for your help,

Bruce E. LeMaster

Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation