RE: Welcome to rp-ml

From: KDenton@williams-int.com
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 20:49:32 EEST

Andy,

I get more Spam from RP-ML everyday. I have my Yahoo egroups profile set to
NO EMAIL so I will not get any and it will be my responsibility to go and
read any new posts. In my mind this cuts down on not only my email but the
all the other baggage that comes along with it. Now I can schedule a few
minutes of time to go and read what I want and don't have to worry about
deleting endless messages about things that don't concern me. Everything
has to evolve and maybe it time the rp-ml did as well! Do you honestly
think that if you get sponsor to dish out $100 or a $1000 they are not going
to want to have a say in how things are done? Next thing you know every
email will have attached an endless list of sponsors that feel they should
have their name shone because they helped support this thing. The trouble
is the rp-ml is not some non-profit organization such as PBS and as such
donations will take on a different appearance and meaning. There is nor
infrastructure to help administer such a venture and there will probably
never be.

I'd rather see the rp-ml live in some other form because I don't see it
continuing very long if we start some out of control drive to acquire funds
to keep it "just like it is".

Let the flaming begin!

Karl