Re: Educational RP / RP-ML hosting.

From: Carl Dekker (dekker@met-l-flo.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 02:49:06 EEST

We have never had a problem with Universities. We have often recommended
that new companies in the market use the Consortiums to gain and expand
exposure of what can be done with Rapid Prototyping. It is a deductible
expense that helps expand the members budgets in times of need.

I fully endorse the activities of the Educational institutes. If the
Universities use their ability to educate the Engineering student body, the
long term benefits are for the Rapid Prototyping community. The
Universities also enable the development of new applications which (as of
the past few years) can not be funded by Service Bureau. I do hope the
Universities continue to use the Consortium environment to expand market
awareness. Let us also remember that MIT is where 3D Printing began.

As to the RP-ML hosting thing, I would also be willing to help support
Hannu. Not for hosting reasons, but as an act of gratitude for the years of
FREE service and support he and HUT has provided our entire community.

LEARN AND ENJOY!

Carl Dekker