Re: Very small prototypes

From: John Cline (fanbelt_1@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:44:34 EEST

Steinar,

SLA should work very well, but depending on accuracy and mechanical
properties you need, you may actually get better results from a precision
CNC machining service. We do all of our own SLA models and Urethane
castings, but when highet accuracy is required we have our models CNC
machined in ABS plastic with excellent results.

We have used a company in Austin, Texas USA called Visual Engineering with
Great results. Depending on copmplexity, setup may cost $150.00 to $350.00,
and each part may cost from $100.00 to $300.00.

If you're interested contact Tom Connors at

TC@visualCNC.com

I'm sure he can help you.

John