investment casting

From: Ron Ohler (r-m-ohler@triton.net)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 03:55:50 EEST

How big are the parts that you want to cast? If you're talking of an ounce or so, and less than a few inches across. There are very simple spin casting machines available that use plaster molds. Believe it or not, I showed someone how to make one out of old lawnmower parts. If you get that industrious you can make one that has a larger capacity. There was one on eBay last weekend for around $750. I don't know if it sold.
Ron Ohler/Ohler Machine