Making STL files

From: RP Solutions (rps@dircon.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 13:09:09 EEST

Hi List,

First off a big thanks to all of you that replied to my mailing.

After looking at the various options I think that exporting a shrinkwrap in Pro E may be the solution.

Solidview only merges STL files which is not really what I want to do. Ideally I would like to merge the parts and get rid of all the internal features. When I tried it in Solidview it merged the STL data but kept the internal features.

I will try Magics if I get the time but I think it will only merge the STL data.

I got the job done by editing out the slices in Quickslice, this took a long time but gave me a part with all the exterior features but a solid build on the inside to make a tough model, suitable for handling by the customer and fit and function testing.

Many thanks

Oliver Cole
Technical Director

RP Solutions