RE: Making STL files

From: Pieter Bourgaux (Pieter.Bourgaux@materialise.be)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 14:15:28 EEST

Dear List,

Magics offers 2 possibilities to 'unite' STL files.

1) Merge: This is just simply putting all the triangles together in one
file. (internal features are kept)

2) Boolean unite: Both parts are united and the surfaces are recalculated.
The result is one solid part without internal features.

Download Magics from our website: http://www.materialise.be/magics/
<http://www.materialise.be/magics/> and have a free evaluation!

Please don't hesitate to contact me for questions or remarks.

Kind regards,

Pieter Bourgaux

Application engineer
Materialise nv