Fwd: RE:

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 20:40:57 EEST

>This is definitely a software bug, and very annoying at that. Sometimes
>the vents and drains will appear in only one single layer of the fill, and
>then get covered up in subsequent layers. I have sent numerous examples to
>3D in hopes that they will resolve the problem. Previewing all layers with
>vents & drains will let you be aware of any problems, but I have not found
>a way to get them to build; I've tried several different things, like
>editing the z value of the vent or drain in the *.V_D file, shifting the
>part in Z..... I gave up.

don't tell me this since I seldom build QC and as fate would have it I am
in the middle of a 94hour build. No wonder my last QC parts kept failing
but no one at 3D knew why. Anything I should do since I am about 72 hours
into this build?

elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
"Wonder, rather than doubt, is the root of knowledge." Abraham Hesche

Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
Clemson University 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson, SC 29634-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/