Investment Casting Prototype from a CAD file

From: Nick Reed (nreed@resmed.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 01:46:49 EEST

RPL'ers
The response to my request was great. I am now feeling more confident about
our design strategy.
For your info I have included the responses I got below. This is a useful
resource for next time you need to produce an investment casting from a CAD
file.
        Thanks again Nick

One response from "Down-under"
My name is Tom Spalding and I work at the Queensland Manufacturing Institute
(QMI)in Brisbane. QMI offers the type of service that you are searching
for. We operate a Rapid Prototyping Bureau service, including
Stereolithography, Selective Laser Sintering, Concept Modelling (wax part
building machines), as well as machining, and Foundry services. We commonly
use Wax printers to build patterns for the Foundry for Investment Casting.
Most commonly we cast in AA601, but may be able to do the specification that
you asked for (I would need to check with the Foundry Manager).

One from the US
 We would like an
opportunity to bid on the project which will be on a turnkey basis. I think
you will find that we are both the fastest in terms of turnaround and lowest
cost provider of aluminum investment castings from CAD files. We have an
SLA7000 and very close affiliation with several foundries that do
exceptional work. In most cases, we can deliver short production runs in
less than two weeks and maybe as little as ten working days. Send me an
.stl formatted file for the part and we will send you a quote within 24
hours.

Thanks,
Ron Jones
rjones@sharedreplicators.com

Another from the US
If you send me the file, I can help.

Doug

ProtoCall, LLC
507 West College Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186-4501
262.446.3104
262.896.8945 fax
414.915.0036 cell
www.protocallonline.com

A somewhat shorter response form Japan
www.sinto.jp.co

Nick Reed BE(Nav. Arch)
Mechanical Engineer

ResMed Ltd
97 Waterloo Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
Australia

Internet: http://www.resmed.com

This message and associated files are intended for authorised recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged or confidential to ResMed or other 3rd parties.
If you received this message in error or are not an authorised recipient, be aware that any copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited. Please delete and disregard the message and associated attachments and notify the sender or ResMed at security@resmed.com immediately.

Thankyou.