RE: Warm Up height for SLS

From: Paul Scheible (PaulS@harbec.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 17:40:49 EEST

RP Scott-
        I have done a couple "emergency" builds without using any heat fence
and reducing my warm up height to .250". In each case the parts came out
well, but the builds only consisted of one or two small parts. I don't
think I would be so brave with a large build. I have also played around
with decreasing the minimum layer time to help decrease the warm up stage.
In one case I was able to make two good parts within three hours, that's
build setup to part in hand.

Paul

Paul Scheible
Harbec Plastics, Inc.