Re: Quick Quoting Algorithm for Rapid Tooling

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 14:18:06 EEST

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2001 um 11:57 schrieb Chang-Shik Min:

> [...]
> At this point in time,I would like to ask all of you what kind of
> quoting algorithms or programs you have been adopted,and then share
> ideas I have with you
> for the next version of my program.

In my former "job" as an SLA operator I've put together a script which
did all tasks to prepare the build files for the SLA. This took often
several hours, but without assistance. The result was estimated
operation time at standard conditions.

To finish the quote I had to calculate the difference to standard
conditions, i.e. more than one part on the platform, special geometry
etc. "by hand".

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/