time compression for SLS, Keltool and LENS processes

From: Prasanna Nirgudkar (ppn104@psu.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 21:53:10 EEST

Hello everyone,
At Penn State University (University Park Campus), we have a Center for
Innovative Sintered Products (CISP). As part of this rapidly expanding R&D
group, we are looking into time compressing the following rapid tooling
processes for die compaction and powder injection molding tooling-
1) SLS
2) Keltool
3) LENS
4) CNC (we look at this process as a rapid tooling technique)
These processes can give us tools in around 10 days time (including lead time).
We have some ideas and plans for bringing down this time to a day or two!!!
Any suggestions or ideas for time compression are welcome!!!
Thanking you in anticipation,
Prasanna

Prasanna Nirgudkar
Research Assistant
The Center for Innovative Sintered Products (CISP)
Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering

Office:
211 Leonhard Bldg. Tel: 814-865-8189
Penn State University Fax: 814-863-4745
University Park, email: ppn104@psu.edu