Re: new system

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 23:15:16 EEST

Bathsheba,

You are right: It may be difficult to remove the unwanted material from
some parts, or in your case, some sculptures. It's an inherent problem
with most lamination systems.

Terry

************
Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
OakRidge Business Park
1511 River Oak Drive
Fort Collins, Colorado 80525 USA
970-225-0086
Fax 970-225-2027
twohlers@compuserve.com
http://wohlersassociates.com

Message text written by Bathsheba Grossman
>On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Terry T. Wohlers wrote:
> That's correct. I found it fairly easy to remove the unwanted material
by
> peeling away unwanted layers. I believe the technology behind this
> separation method is being kept quiet by the company, at least for now.

Do you think it would work for a shape with a lot of interior? I'm
imagining the layers as plastic sheets, and if, for instance, one
built a birdcage type of form, it seems as though the extra material
inside could be trapped. I.e., you'd only be able to get the extra
material out through the bars by rolling up each layer, and there
would be no room to start.

Does that make sense, or do I have the wrong picture? Of course what
I'm really thinking about is whether it would work for my sculpture.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Creative prototyping www.protoshape.com
Microsculpture microsculpture.com