RE: NEW SYSTEM

From: TEMPEST 3D (cwtempest@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 18:29:43 EEST

Tom,
    This is all just theory... But when I used to work in plastics
fabrication we used methylene chloride to bond acrylic,styrene &
polycarbonate, we used MEK to bond abs & pvc. It would seem that they may be
able to find a solvent that works w/all of these. I would think that styrene
film would be a natural choice of materials if the machine really does use
any sort of solvent bonding. I'm sure we'll all know more when they're ready
to release their product in earnest.

TEMPEST3D
PHYSICAL TO DIGITAL MODELS
& SURFACE MODELING SERVICES