RE: PICZA/MODELA question

From: Jack Jones (jjones9999@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 08:38:02 EEST

--- Chris Lawrie <cl@delcam.com> wrote:

> What is your application?

I am a model maker. Mostly historical miniatures
(toy soldiers) and wargaming figures. What I
would like to do is scale down larger miniatures
to smaller size, so I could sell them in different
scales. I am able to reduce the main body parts
using a shrinking casting material, but for
small or thin items like their rifles and
equipment the material warps too badly and
loses a lot of detail, so I thought of trying
the Picza & Modela to scale them down.
I am just wondering if it can handle the detail
of something like a tiny rifle less than 20mm
long.

Thanks & regards
Jack