RE: PICZA/MODELA question

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@protoshape.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 10:35:48 EEST

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, it was written:
> > What is your application?
>
> I am a model maker. Mostly historical miniatures
> (toy soldiers) and wargaming figures. What I
> would like to do is scale down larger miniatures
> to smaller size, so I could sell them in different
> scales. I am able to reduce the main body parts
> using a shrinking casting material, but for
> small or thin items like their rifles and
> equipment the material warps too badly and
> loses a lot of detail, so I thought of trying
> the Picza & Modela to scale them down.
> I am just wondering if it can handle the detail
> of something like a tiny rifle less than 20mm
> long.

Dunno about the scanning side, but on the reproducing side this sounds
like a project with Solidscape written all over it. In tiny little
letters. I haven't done anything historical as yet, but did do some
mecha miniatures that worked out rather well.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Creative prototyping www.protoshape.com
Microsculpture microsculpture.com