RE: Regarding CT scan data translators

From: Bibb, Richard (PDR) (RBibb-pdr@uwic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 10:30:29 EEST

Dear Deepak and List,

As with all comparisons it depends what you are trying to achieve. I would
say that when it comes to segmenting data, 3D reconstructions and generating
images there is probably little to choose between them. You could also
consider Velocity2 Pro and 3D Doctor (links below) and there are others
around too. I would try demos of each and pick the one you prefer on user
interface and of course cost.

However, if you want to build RP models the additional CT module for Mimics
will give you more options than the other systems which as far as I know are
restricted to STL files. Good quality STL files of human anatomy can be
huge! CTM gives you the option of creating direct slice files for popular
machines (SLC, SLI, CLI etc.). Slice formats will give high quality models
with file sizes a fraction of the size of equivalent STL files.

If you want to discuss this in more detail please feel free to contact me
off list.

Kind regards,
Richard

http://www.lonepeak.com/