Solid Modeling For KSUTC

From: Paul J. Smith, Electrical Engineer (pjsmith5@kent.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:36:43 EEST

I am the machine shop supervisor at Kent State

University's Workforce Development and Continuing Studies

building. The director of that building is setting up a

rapid prototyping lab. Another building on campus already

has a solid modeler that uses polymers, so we want to use

a different method. We want to use LOM, which uses paper

and glue. We are looking to buy two(2) machines for our

lab, but anything we buy has to go through a process

called an open bid. This means that we have to send a bid

up to our main offices and get approved, which takes an

undisclosed amount of time. However, upon approval, we

would be able to buy.

My Director and I would highly appreciate any help we

could get on this topic.

Thank you for your time,

Paul Smith, Electrical Engineer, Machine Shop Supervisor