Duraform degradation

From: RP Scott (powderparts@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 16:08:25 EEST

Okay, I'm about to show my ignorance in the material science area:

Why does Duraform degrade with use into an unusable material?

It would seem like there would be a way to separate out the particles based
on size, and / or regrind the material back down to a small enough particle
size.

Maybe there is and it's even more expensive than buying new Duraform.

Then again, maybe it is a much more complicated issue than that.

I'm guessing on the later case. . . but am curious as to the details.

Anyone want to clue me in?

"RP" Scott