Re: Graphite powder

From: proy@chennai.tcs.co.in
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 06:44:11 EEST

Rick,

My research team worked on rapid tooling EDM electrodes for over a year.
We tried compaction methods for creating EDM tools from graphite powder,
with a little bit of polyvinyl alcohol thrown in as binder. Motorola does
hold a patent for a similar process (I'll send you the patent number if I
can lay my hands on it...).

Adios!

Peter

<snip>
Dear List,
                  Is it possible to mix graphite powder with any electric
conductive bonding material ? So that we can cast any shape out of this
powder and use it as an EDM electrode just an idea to get your views.

Regards,
Rick
<snip>