RE: The PEZ Interface

From: KDenton@williams-int.com
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 15:19:21 EEST

Steven,

I suppose that if you were going to sell an item to the masses in true
competition with PEZ there may be an issue. We would make PEZ heads
starting at $199 each (some going as high as $495 depending on detail and
material). Not something that the general public will by thousands or even
several of. The design of the PEZ interface was done be me so I could offer
look-a-like PEZ heads via ToyBuilders.com. There was clearly a market as we
did produce them however the main purchaser was the corporate world for
special occasions and they wanted their logos in stead of people. I did
look into the patents held by the PEZ company and most have or are about to
expire. I tried contacting the PEZ company regarding look-a-like PEZ heads
and they would not return my calls. They have a statement on their website
that indicates that they do not want to produce such items.

As we all have several email address these days this is coming from my
employer provided address and as such my employer is not connected in any
way with the PEZ head or CPI.

Karl R. Denton
Lead Engineer
RP and Casting Operations