laser machining of rp produced ceramic parts

From: Aditya Parikh (parikhaditya@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 08:29:00 EEST

Hello,
I am looking for some information on green ceramic surface finishing
using lasers for parts produced by Fused Deposition of ceramics. I need
to buy a laser system for the same and so urgently need help in this
area. I am looking currently at melting and redeposition of polymer
binder in the ceramic and so am looking at UV diode or Diode pumped
solid state lasers. Is UV laser the best suited for polymer/ceramic? I
am still trying to find it out. . I would be glad if anyone can guide me
in the right direction.

Thanks,
Aditya Parikh