RE: Raising Liquid Levels in SLA250

From: Zubrickie, Robert F (bob@tycoelectronics.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 15:03:15 EEST

This is a good idea and I like the fact that people are willing to put out
suggestions whether they will work or not. This is a sign of ingenuity.
Weather you have a SLA250/30 or a SLA250/50 this suggestion unfortunately
will not work. Reason being, the laser system which monitors the level of
resin is located on the left side of the 250/30 or on the back side of the
250/50 works like this. The laser must bounce off the surface of the resin
at a angle of about 20 degrees and hit a photo sensor apposing the laser. As
the level of resin goes down the laser reflection misses the photo eye. As
you increase the level of resin in the vat to the required level the laser
eventually hits the electric eye and the machine beeps indicating the resin
is at the specified level. By dropping the platform in the resin farther
will not change the algorithm of machine startup. Resin level will be
monitored before the build will start. If there was a way to bypass the
sensing of the level of resin your suggestion would work. I don't believe
this is possible or if anybody really wants to mess with the software. Keep
the ideas coming. This is what this mailing list is all about.

TYCO / ELECTRONICS
        Global Communications, Computer & Consumer Electronics Business Unit