RE: STL-Color file format specification

From: Pieter.Bourgaux@materialise.be
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:35:38 EEST

Dear Dean Coe,

Materialise developed a color STL-format.
We use the last 2 bytes to assign a color to the triangle. A complete and
detailed description of the color STL format can be found in the linked word
document. The other link contains a colored example cube (faces in red,
blue, green, white, black and one face has no color assigned).

ftp://ftp.materialise.be/download/Magics/Colorstl.doc
ftp://ftp.materialise.be/download/Magics/Colorcube.stl

If you're having any questions or remarks, please don't hesitate to contact
me.

Kind regards,

Pieter Bourgaux
Application engineer