Quote Needed

From: klkornele@mmm.com
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 00:12:14 EET

Howdy All,

We are looking for someone to make some short runs of two parts we have
and later handle our production needs. I need to have the parts quoted for
tooling & production costs. Preferred material will be brass with beryllium
copper as an optional material of choice. Quantities to quote for the two
parts will be 1,000, 2,500, 5,000 & 10,000. Annual usage is estimated at
50k for part A & approximately 25k for the part B. The parts have a .020"
wall feature. Part A extents are .660" x .625" x .490". Part B extents
are .590" x .665" x .900" . Typical tolerancing will be + .005" on most
features with some details as tight as + .002" . The parts mate with
themselves so the mating surfaces must be clean & burr free. The finished
parts will need a 50-80 Microinches nickel plate per 3M spec.

 We are open to suggestions for the manufacture of these parts. We would be
willing to have the parts casted with a .040 wall with extra material left
on the inside of each part for a secondary machining operation to obtain a
.020 wall. We will also consider other materials such as zinc or aluminum.

If you are interested on quoting please email me or call and I will provide
you with the necessary information for quoting.

If you know someone who might be able to handle this project please forward
this email on to them or please provide me with their contact information.

Sincerely,

Ken Kornele
3M Austin Rapid Prototyping Center
A141-1S-04