RE: Selling my personal seat of SolidWorks 2001...

From: KDenton@williams-int.com
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 00:03:37 EET

Warren,

This is the first I've run into it and after a call to SolidWorks I was
informed that they would not allow the new owner to renew the service
agreement. I assume that this means they would require a full purchase
price although they did not say that. As far as this not being do this is
common practice among PC software makers like Adobe and others. You can bet
that eventually these other software companies will be forced to do the
same. It may take ten years but if they sell enough copies they will have
no choice.

Karl R. Denton
Lead Engineer
RP and Casting Operations