Re: Porn in RPML?

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@protoshape.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 21:44:50 EET

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Paul Burr wrote:
> How 3D online user designed RP porn sculpture?
> Why stop at sneakers and jewelry? :-O
> (Friday laughs on me!)

It's been done. At realdoll.com (warning, this site contains adult
material, and is in addition very creepy) you can choose body type,
head type, eye color, hair color, haircut, pubic haircut....

For myself, I tend agree with the quest-for-simplicity trope. I knock
myself out trying to design art an' stuff, but when I'm buying shoes,
car, silverware, and what have you, I just want them to be functional
and non-garish.

If shoes could be made to fit better by scanning my feet, and it
wasn't expensive, I might do it. Though my feet aren't that weird,
and stock models actually fit pretty well. (I think that's important:
when you get down to it, people don't vary much in most of their wants
and needs. We might like to feel that we do, but we don't.)

In any case, I'm not interested in putting in the learning curve and
effort to design shoes. As has been pointed out, I have enough
trouble operating the microwave.

After all, I didn't even choose my husband for looks, and I spend more
time looking at him than at my sneakers.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Creative prototyping www.protoshape.com
Microsculpture microsculpture.com