RE: Accuracy parts

From: García Romero Ana (AnGarcia@inasmet.es)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 15:59:09 EET

Dear Chris, and all:

We have recently started a European thematic network on the incorporation of new technologies (Rapid prototyping, simulation and recycling) to the precision foundry industry. We are 26 people from different European countries. One of the objectives to meet in the network is to define a reference component to check different aspects related to the RP models (accuracy will be one of them for sure), and their use in investment casting. We have not started this work yet, and I would like to base our efforts in the work that has already been done, specially if this is widely accepted.

I would like to ask all of you who have already been developing/using a reference component to please contact the forum...or to me, to see how many possibilities there are and if we can approach a common reference component.

Happy new year

SARE Thematic Network
Incorporation of new technologies to the Precision Foundry Industry
__________________________
Ana García
Inasmet
Mikeletegi Pasealekua, 2