Constant Layer layer density

From: RP Scott (powderparts@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 15:52:20 EET

Hi all,

I don't know if it affects other RP processes, but for SLS and I suspect
other thermal processes, I find that it is fairly important to balance the
amount area being scanned on each layer of a build.

For instance, if the build with dozens of parts is trucking along at a
vertical build rate of 1/2" an hour . . . for several hours, and then all
the sudden a portion of the build is very . .uhh . .congested and it slows
down to 1/8" per hour, the resulting parts are going to show the difference
on those layers that build slow versus those that built quickly.

Does anyone know of a software tool or technique that helps to analyze the
cross sectional area of each slice of a build?

Thanks in Advance

RP Scott

-No Sir. . that isn't anthrax. It is a powdered plastic I use at work.