RE: Parting line calculation and Undercut

From: Ed Lambourne (ebl@delcam.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 11:16:08 EET

Ibon

Delcam's PowerSHAPE is targeted towards design for manufacture and tooling
design. It contains many features to find parting lines and undercuts as
well as design split surfaces. As well as all the powerful interactive
tools, a high level of automation is provided by PowerSHAPE's Mold Wizard,
which will guide the user through the following processes:
1. Import the geometry
2. Orient the surfaces
3. Divide the model into core and cavity halves
4. Identify areas which will need slides or side cores
5. Create the split surfaces
You can find more information on Delcam's web site. The link
http://www.delcam.com/powershape/powershape.htm will take you direct to the
PowerSHAPE information.

Good luck

Ed

Ed LAMBOURNE                                Delcam plc
Technical Director                      Small Heath Business Park,
ebl@delcam.com                        Birmingham, B10 0HJ, UK
Tel:+44(0)121-766-5544             Fax: +44(0)121-766-5511
http://www.delcam.com               Mobile: +44 (0)7775 642817

-----Original Message----- From: Mitxelena Fernandez Ibon [mailto:IMitxele@inasmet.es] Sent: 07 February 2002 10:13 To: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi Subject: Parting line calculation and Undercut

Good Moorning, This is my first email to the list and first of all I would like to introduce myself. I work in a R&D center located in the north of spain and our main activity is based on materials research eventhough we work in another areas such product development.

I am tring to find a good and fast tooling design software. My biggest concern is related with parting lines and undercuts and in this way I am trying to find the software that approches more to do this task automatically. If anybody could give a clue, that would be great. Thanks.

Ibon Mitxelena Fundación INASMET Fundazioa Dpto. Materiales y Procesos/Material eta Prozesuen Departamentua Mikeletegi Pasealekua, 2 Parque Tecnológico/Teknologi Parkea Tlf: +34 943 003700 Fax: +34 943 003800 www.inasmet.es