RE: FW: 2D/3D scanning of small brass pieces

From: ebrastow@automatedemblem.com
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 02:19:13 EET

Hi Sheba,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, yes, we've tried most of those things
(though not the digital camera). Spraying the brass black and putting it
against white paper does help, but there's still some reflection around the
edges that's tough to deal with. We've also tried Streamline with slight
success in some cases.

We've stuck with flatbed scanners over digital cameras because I've never
seen how a digital camera could give me a more accurate size? We've tried
about 6 different flatbeds, the last being an Epson Expression 1680 Pro.

Thanks very much for the thoughts... keep them coming! :)

Evan