Flexible infiltrate for tear resistance

From: Ron Clemons (rclemons@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 19:51:43 EET

Anyone know of an infiltrate that could work with Somos 201 (SLS elastomer) that would greatly increase its tear resistant without drastically altering its mechanical properties? Somos 201 is similar to a 75 shore A rubber in it's native state.

We have at least three infiltrates/coatings that we use--urethane, silicone and plastic--but none of them improve the tear resistance as much as we would like without changing the part's properties. Any expert advice will be appreciated.

Ron Clemons
Harvest Technologies
www.harvest-tech.com