RE: Most conductive polymer

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 23:42:46 EET

Rahul,

I'm no expert, but there are at least five types of conductive polymers,
including:

piezoelectric polymers
polymers filled with conductive materials
pyrolyzed polymers
ion-permeable polymers
intrinsically conductive polymers.

Probably lots of chemicals suppliers offer filled polymers. For just the
intrinsically conductive polymers, I'm looking in a colleague's report at
a list of 200 companies, although the leaders appear to be the likes of
BASF, Neste Oy, Panipol Oy, and Ormecon Chemie.

To get a straight answer, you'll probbly have to be more specific in
communicating to your supplier the relative conductivities and strengths for
the application you have in mind.

Brock Hinzmann
Technology Navigator
SRI Consulting Business Intelligence