MADURODAM the small 3D-City

From: Rafael Santillan (rsanti@3drapid.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 02:14:38 EET

Robert

there is a Dutch city near Denhaag call Madurodam, which is noting but a scale
city with docens of buildings of the size you are looking for.

why dont try to contact them to get some tips from some one who has done this
job before.
this is their link, it is a really great place.

http://www.madurodam.com/

good luck.

uoting Bill Richards <brich@deltasearchlabs.com>:

> Robert,
>
> That actually sounds like a lot of fun!
>
> Okay, the first question should be, "Why am I building this city?" The
> answer will drive the next question, "What should the models be made of?"
> If
> you are doing this for wind tunnel testing or water tank testing for
> floods,
> the material that each building is made of should be based on the
> requirements of the reason that the city is being built in the first place.
> If this is being built as a diorama for a museum or a show-and-tell piece
> for a business, then you want each model to either look as good as possible
> or be easy enough to paint or hand modify to look as good as possible. How
> detailed must this be? If you are making a set for a movie, then clearly,
> detail will be of great importance -- this could also disqualify some
> choices for an RP system.
>
> These things will better determine what RP process will best serve your
> needs. Ultimately, there are few systems that can build an entire object of
> that size. So you will be building it by component -- create each building
> and attach it to a template of the city.
>
> Good luck!
>
> __________________
>
> Bill Richards
> Delta Search Labs
> T: 617-551-4615
> F: 617-551-4651

* Dr. Rafael Santillan, Phone: 52-442-2230745 *
* Director 3D RAPID Fax: 52-442-2226774 *
* Mobile: 52-442-2366015 *
* Email: rsanti@3drapid.com *
* MOVIL Email: rsanti@movilaccess.com *
* *
* Address: Priv. Martin Carrera 105, *
* Colonia Presidentes *
* City: Queretaro,Qro. MEXICO. Zip. 76080 *
* WEB: http://www.3drapid.com *

Este correo fue enviado utilizando el servicio IMP para CIATEQ
http://www.horde.org/imp