Re: 3D-City

From: Alain BERNARD (Alain.Bernard@irccyn.ec-nantes.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 02:16:45 EET

Dear All,

during the 8èmes Assises Européennes du Prototypage Rapide, in Paris,
CIRTES presented the part of a City manufactured using Startoconception
process.
I think this study has been presented in the GARPA CDROM in 2000, in the
contribution from France.

As you already know it, Stratoconception uses to be applied to the
manufacture of large objects and tools.

Feel free to contact CIRTES (www.cirtes.fr) or rp2i company.

"Patrick Poirier" <patrickpoirier@rp2i.fr>
"Claude Barlier" <claude.barlier@cirtes.fr>,

Looking forward,

Best Regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

At 09:09 07/03/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi-
>
>Alair Griffin (Javelin) and Charles Thomas (University of Utah) had a
>process for producing large parts (cf., SFF Symposium Proceedings, 1999,
>pp. 751-758). They built a 20-ft tall statue using 1/2" thick polystyrene
>foam sheets. I think the actual construction was done at U of Utah.
>
>Dr. Dave Bourell
>Temple Foundation Professor
>University of Texas at Austin
>Mechanical Engineering
>MC C2200
>Austin, Texas 78712-1063
>USA
>
>+512-471-3170 voice
>+512-471-7681 fax
>
>dbourell@mail.utexas.edu

>>From: "Wright, Robert A." <Robert.Wright@jhuapl.edu>
>>To: "'rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi'" <rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi>
>>Subject: 3D-City
>>Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:22:39 -0500
>>Sender: owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
>>
>>Hi List,
>>
>>I've been asked to inquire about building large-scale models. Does anyone
>>have any suggestions on what type of rapid prototyping process could be used
>>to build an accurate 3-D City? The finished product will be 12' X 12' and
>>the tallest building will be 18" tall.
>>

>>Robert Wright
>>Senior Mechanical Fabrication Technician
>>240-228-7772
>>robert.wright@jhuapl.edu
>>

>>For more information about the rp-ml, see http://rapid.lpt.fi/rp-ml/
>

>For more information about the rp-ml, see http://rapid.lpt.fi/rp-ml/