Re: Re(2): 3D-City

From: Steven Adler \( A3DM \) (adler@a3dm.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 06:01:59 EET

Charles

I understand all of what you said and thank you for your reply..... for the
most part "watertight" was merely a desire not to have to fix Stl files (
couldn't hurt to ask for the sun moon and stars ). Sometimes the effort is
worthwhile, and with tools like MagicsRP I can do a pretty good job. As to
the co-planer surfaces , I am just careful to make sure that the scale is
sufficiently large to fully develop the smallest Z axis feature. My system
will step down to 0.0005 inches and my build table is 12x18x12 so I have
significant flexibility. As for thin walls, I usually don't go thinner than
0.010 so, I use MagicsRP to view the file in cross and look for thin walls,
and find again the smallest feature......

Fortunately, I don't need to make these buildings to anyone's specifications
in terms of size......

again thanks for your input and keep me informed

Steven Adler CEO
Automated 3D Modeling
adler@a3dm.com
www.a3dm.com