RE: Ear piece device

From: Bibb, Richard (PDR) (RBibb-pdr@uwic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 17:49:04 EET

Dear Jan and list,

I seriously recommend that you personally do not stick anything in anyone's
ear!

Taking impressions is a skilled job and best left to some one qualified such
as a Maxillofacial Prosthetist or Technologist. They will take the
impression using a soft silicone material which the they back up with a more
rigid material. You could then scan the impression with a light or laser
based scanner.

If you do not have any contact with any prosthetists I can put you in touch
with one local to you or perhaps persuade one of my local collaborators to
do it for you.

kind regards,
Richard

___________________________________