Re: 3D medical modelling

From: Robin Richards (robin@medphys.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 21:19:56 EET

To SSchm11977@aol.com ( sorry - I don't know your name) and list

you wrote:

> Oral and maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, plastic surgeons,
> neurosurgeons and a host of other people would love to have scanning,
> CAD and r-p do the jobs they presently do by hand but it will not
> happen until software is developed that does what they need easily
> and in a fashion that is similar to the present process. That will
> only happen when we create inter-relationships that allow engineers,
> surgeons, clinicians, researchers and marketing people to work
> together to develop the software we need.

        I'm so glad that there is somebody out there with the same
opinion as myself. This is exactly the sort of software that I am
trying to develop!

Robin
Dr Robin Richards
Dept of Medical Physics E-mail: robin@medphys.ucl.ac.uk
University College London Telephone: +44 20 7679 6430
1st Floor,Shropshire House Fax: +44 20 7679 6269
11-20 Capper Street
London WC1E 6JA www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/mgi/workstat.htm
United Kingdom www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/mgi/models.htm
                                     www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/mgi/cranio.htm