RE: Biomaterial for SLS

From: Chris Sutcliffe (c.j.sutcliffe@liverpool.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 11:14:28 EET

Dear Kwang

At the Manufacturing Science and Engineering Research Centre we have used
various biomaterials in a Sinterstation with a great deal of success. We
designed and implemented our own material in house and built finely featured
components which were implanted. Performance of these constructs was
measured in vivo against a number of state of the art controls. The RP'd
(sorry fabbed Marshall:-).....) constructs performed significantly better
than the state of the art controls........which was nice.

A publication is due to be with the reviewers in a month or so and when its
published I'll let you know.

Best Regards

Dr. Chris Sutcliffe

PS. Fabbed comes up as Fibbed in my spell checker!!!!

Rapid, Micro and Bio Manufacturing Research
MSERC
The University of Liverpool
Department of Engineering
Ashton Building