Re: Highest Temp/watt

From: Timothy J Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 15:52:08 EET

You can use all of the laser power that your laser is capable of
delivering to the powder bed. It varies machine to machine and laser to
laser. If you have a 50 watt laser that can be between 38-45 watts or
so. To find the highest laser power at 100% power setting you can check
the dtm/config/machine/laser.data file to see what that would be for
your particular machine.

Tim

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototype Center

>>> Brian Caulfield <brian.caulfield@nuigalway.ie> 03/21/02 02:36PM

What is the highest temperature settings anyone has gone to using an
SLS 2500? Is there a limit and what is the highest laser settings
anyone has used? I have only gone up as far as 30Watts but I am sure
the laser can go a bit higher.

Brian