3D Scanning using Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)

From: AHastbacka@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 01:02:58 EET

In addition to the excellent efforts of Sanders Design International in the
area of high accuracy rapid prototyping, we are also heavily engaged in
autonomous target recognition (ATR) development for the US Navy and other DoD
customers. As a segment of this effort, we are seeking a US small business
contractor or university that can support us in the area of producing
three-dimensional models of targets using SAR as the sensor. The efforts are
scheduled to start in July of 2002 and take about eighteen months to
complete. The end goal is convert airborne SAR data into 3-D models of
targets such as aircraft, ships, buildings, etc. The SAR will be located on
high performance aircraft and the ultimate goal is to be able to perform the
sensor to 3-D conversion in real-time.

If your company or research group has a capability and interest in the above
subject, please let me know by return email ASAP.

Regards,
Al Hastbacka
Sanders Design International
603-654-6100