RE: I beg to differ, or Processing scan data into NURBS surfaces. ..

From: Mr.Le Chi Hieu (leechihieu@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 20:26:10 EET

Dear Mr. Larry and the list,

Many thanks for your suggestions. The main problem is
that the anatomical structures of the human body are
too complex; it normally leads to "un-optimized"
design data structure, which needs to be reformated
for for CAD/CAM/RP applications; and we, the
designers,still depend a lots on the modeling and
Image Processing tools available.

Although we, the CAD/CAM designers, can solve the
complex modeling problems by this way or the others;
it should open for the non-CAD/CAM specialized people
to do biomodeling conveniently; we always need
geometrical modeling tools that help reducing both the
required design skills and time. For my point of view,
to do that, the only way is to develope the concrete
modeling tools for each specific application and to
work closely with the end-users. My colleges in
KULeuven are working closely with People from
Materialise (MIMICS and Magics RP); hopefully the
discussion may open some ideas to the software
developers in the field of Biomodelling so that more
data formats and tools would be available for the
designers to solve the specific application problems.

With best regards,

Le Chi Hieu

=====