Re: ARCHITECTURAL_Stl files to full scale fabrication

From: m-imamura@sinto.co.jp
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 07:10:44 EET

Dear Sir,

In the case of panel,
You had better check Amino in Japan,
They made a machine for inclimental forming,
named Die-less NC forming.
I have their CD, it contains the movie file.

And more one case, not exactly for architecture
that is mold for panel forming.
This is the company named Sekisou-kanagata,
which owner is Prof. Nakagawa.
(http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~sekisou/index.htm)
just for Japanese.

Best regards,

Imamura

"Jonathan Chertok" <chertok22@hotmail.com> 2002/03/26 00:38:18

$B08@h(B $B!'(B rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
cc $B!'(B $B!J(Bbcc$B!':#B<(B $B@5?M!K(B
$B7oL>(B $B!'(B ARCHITECTURAL_Stl files to full scale fabrication

rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi

List,

Bathsheba's posting has got me thinking about some earlier work of mine.

Does anyone know of detailed information that I might find with respect to
getting a 3D stl file (or CAD File) into large scale structural steel. Are there
steel manufacturers or fabricators who can use a 3D wireframe with which to
semi-automate a steel structure fabrication?

If so, what do they need for the front end file information (a list of 3D
Coordinates?), and how does the manufacturing process work.

If anyone out there has, "been there done that", I'd like to understand how one
might go from a 3D wireframe of a building to a semi-automated steel fabrication
shop. I'd particularly like to be referred to a technical person in a
state-of-the-art structural steel fabrication plant.

Any ideas on where to start?

Jonathan Chertok