Re: duraform

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 20:37:59 EEST

1st step - work with the way you section the part. May want to try interlocking mechanism in joint instead of traditional butt joint.

2nd step - Use a high quality thick viscosity cyanoacrylate (superglue). Epoxies do not penetrate well and the joint is not bonded into the duraform. Poor quality superglue or thin viscosity will not bond well or may be quite brittle.

3rd step - make sure to elimate all voids in the seam.

4th step - If possible, change geometry or add additional pieces during post processing to help "lap" the joint with some strength.

David K. Leigh ph (254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies, Inc. fax (254) 298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services www.harvest-tech.com