Re: U.S. v. 3D Systems Corporation and DTM Corporation

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 22:28:10 EEST

Jim, thanks for posting that link. It makes for interesting reading.

It's interesting that DTM had a history of suing its customers before its acquisition, whereas, as far as I know, I don't think 3D Systems actually sued a customer before, despite a very aggressive stand in patent prosecution and protection. This is probably due to the difference in the nature of prepolymers vs. powders. It is probably easier to formulate and produce powders than prepolymer resins, so it just didn't become an issue before among their resin customers.

Marshall Burns