SLS Part/Feed Bed temps?

From: Brian Caulfield (brian.caulfield@nuigalway.ie)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 18:53:07 EEST

I am just curious about a few aspects of the SLS process as regards temperatures.

What is the ideal Part bed temperature?

For PA we have the part bed 12 degrees C below the Tm (Approx PB temp of 150-153), can anybody tell me why 12 degrees?

What is the ideal Feed bed temperatures?

Should the part bed temperature be proportional to the energy density from the laser i.e decrease as the ED increases?

If anybody has an ideas on this topic or knows a bit more than me on it I would love to hear it.

Regards

Brian Caulfield

National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science
Science and Technology Building
NUI Galway
Galway

Ph: + 353 91 524411 Ext: 3849